Oh my!! TOTAL COMFORT FOOD! Hot Gooey, Creamy peanut butter and jelly with melted chocolate, What more can you ask for! Oh yes filled into a soft tender dough when fried nice and buttery crisp! I came up with these when we made pierogies this year and had left over dough. I asked my Daughter if she had any preserves, then Peanut butter lightly mixed them together and then asked for chocolate chips and she had mini ones which worked out great!!!! THE REST IS HISTORY! The filling is an estimate so be gentle on your reviews! Please do use my dough Pierogie [peer-Oh-Gee] Potato Pierogies Perogies or your favorite.
- In a food processor with the blade pulse flour and salt.
- Add eggs and cream cheese run processor till crumbly about 20 seconds.
- Then through tube slowly add luke warm water till dough comes into a ball.
- Process 6 seconds.
- If sticky just add a little more flour.
- Let rest 20 minutes oe more. (For easy rolling).
- Mean while swirl peanut butter lightly with your choice of jam, jelly or preserves. I do prefer raspberry! Set aside.
- Roll half the dough on floured surface to about 1/16 inch thick.
- Cut out 5 inch circles using a glass or cookie form.
- Fill each circle with about 2 tablespoons of the swirled filling. Add the yummy optional chips.
- Fold over making sure edges are sealed with no air inside.
- If dough won`t seal lightly brush water or egg wash on edges and pinch together.
- Continue till all dough and filling is used up.
- Cook in salted boiling water with olive oil.
- Cook 10 at a time do not over crowd.
- Stir to avoid sticking.
- About 3 minutes.
- Remove with slotted spoon and place in bowl.
- Heat butter and add perogies single layer without overcrowding. Just to brown on both sides.
- Serve with a LARGE glass of milk! Or top with ice cream.