Recipe by Darlene Summers
This is REALLY REALLY good--much better than Sonic's Chili Pie (but I like and make that too!)
Top Review by Ms B.
With minimal effort and tasty results, this dish was a winner for us. I used frozen tamales (that I had micro-defrosted) and added a few chopped jalapenos with the onions. It was the perfect slightly spicy comfort food. Leftovers re-heated easily, too. I don't usually have tamales on hand, but may have to add those to my pantry items for this quick supper. I think that it would be great with leftover chili, too.
- 1 (10 ounce) bag corn chips (NOT snack size)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans beef tamales
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili (without Beans)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush corn chips. Sprinkle 1/2 package over the bottom of a 9x11-inch baking dish.
- Unwrap tamales and arrange over top of crushed chips.
- Combine 2 cans of chili and water.
- Pour over tamales.
- Sprinkle onions over chili.
- Sprinkle cheese over onions.
- Top with remaining crushed corn chips.
- Bake in moderate oven (350°) 35 to 40 minutes.