Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is great to bring to the park, grilling for a party--very easy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup regular beer or 1⁄4 cup non-alcoholic beer
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 split hamburger buns
- ketchup (optional)
- sliced pickle (optional)
- Heat coals/ gas grill.
- Combine all ingredients the except buns,ketchup and pickles.
- Shape into 6 patties, about 3/4-inch thick.
- Grill the patties, uncovered, about 4 inches from medium heat 10-15 minutes.
- Turn once, until no longer pink in center and juice is clear.
- Add the buns to grill, cut sides down, for the last 4 minutes of grilling or until toasted.
- Top the burgers with ketchup and pickle; serve on the buns.
DH bought a one pound package of ground round and it made four burgers which was perfect for the two of us. I did add an extra splash or two of beer and the worcestershire sauceand folded in the rest of the ingredients with clean hands. Let the burgers set at room temperature until DH was ready to grill and they were fantastic! Fresh flavors, moist, easy to make! This will also be a favorite of ours. Made and reviewed for the Cooking Games with Friends forums Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup ~ June-Dec 2012.