Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe courtesy of Paula Deen. For all you pickled Okra lovers here's the perfect appetizer for you. Enjoy!
- 1 loaf sliced white bread
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) jar pickled okra
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Cut off the crust from bread.
- With a rolling pin flatten each slice of bread until very thin.
- Spread soften cream cheese on bread slice, place one okra spear in center; roll up bread and cheese around okra.
- Roll sandwich in chopped parsley.
- Cut in half, or smaller pieces, if desired.
wow very good but i take the tops off of my okra before i add it to the sandwich. i didnt cut my crust off so they didnt look very spectacular but the flavor is great. would make a whole tray but a few in the middle of the sandwich tray is just right. thanks Ms. Alice for adding a nice little recipe
I have to admit, I tried this shortly after I saw it on Paula Deen" show. It is great. I love picked okra and I love cream cheese. Sooo what a grand Idea. I havn't the nerve to make these for a party yet, but I eat the heck out of the myself.