Recipe by Dib's
Call these homemade capers. I grow about a million Nasturtiums every year. I will be making these as gifts.
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash buds.
- Place buds in the salt-water brine and weigh down with a plate.
- Allow to cure for 24 hours.
- Remove from brine and soak in cold water 1 hour.
- Pack buds in hot, sterile jars.
- Bring vinegar to a boil in an enamel or stainless steel pot.
- Cover buds with boiling vinegar leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Process in a boiling water bath 10 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
- Allow to"stand" for 6 weeks to cure.
- Note: Theres no set amount so when I go to fill out the form"how many, How much" I will be working with 6 pints.