Prep 15 mins
Cook 168 hrs
This is a good way to use leftover lemons, can also be done with limes. They're sweet and sour and salty all at once. Make an interesting garnish for a margarita. You can eat these rind and all. Cook time is pickling in refrigerator time.
- 8 lemons, sliced into circles
- 907.18 g lemon juice
- 236.59 ml salt (kosher)
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml pickling spices (optional)
- Mix the lemon juice, pickling spices, salt and sugar in a pot.
- Bring to a boil, and let cook to about body temp.
- Add the lemon slices to a largish tupperware container, and pour the brine over them.
- Refrigerate one week.
I haven't tried these yet, but they smelled and looked delicious...I am hoping these in my water, will get me to drink more on a daily basis!