Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one I haven't tried yet, I'll update when I do.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons whole mixed pickling spices
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 pints blueberries, washed and picked over
- Tie pickling spice ia a double-thickness cheesecloth bag. Stir together spice bag, sugar, vinegar, water and cinnamon stick in a large nonaluminum saucepan. Simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes.
- Add blueberries; simmer 3 minutes or just until berries become softened.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, remove spice bag and cinnamon stick and use slotted spoon to serve.
- If not using immediately, spoon into sterilized canning jars. Refrigerate.