Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Corny eh? Well I don't know who had more laughs designing/eating this me, or my youngest DS. This is a combination of some of my DS favorite foods. Who says kids are not to play with their foods? Obviously not me! Gourmet Magazine here I come!!!!
- 1 slice bologna
- 1 slice American cheese
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise (or mustard or ketchup)
- 1 hot dog bun
FOR PICKLE MAN
- 1 kosher dill pickle, quarter (or gherkin)
- 1 black olives, lol (use pimento stuffed to pretend he's seasick!)
- 4 pretzel sticks
- 1 toothpick
FOR SEA OF FISH
- goldfish crackers
- Bologna Canoe:.
- Spread 1 teaspoons mayonnaise on bologna, top with one slice of american cheese. Roll up and place in canoe (hot hog bun).
- Pickle Man:.
- Cut off ends of pickle (if using dill spear), poke hole into one end of pickle with toothpick and insert toothpick, expose toothpick 1/2 way, attach black (or pimento stuffed) olive. Using 2 pretzel sticks, poke into pickle to form arms, use the other 2 pretzel sticks to form legs.
- Sea of Fish:.
- On a plate scatter the shredded lettuce, and goldfish crackers.
- Place 'Pickle Man' inside his 'Canoe' and place into the 'Sea of Fish'.
- If you want, though I didn't think of this until after lunch, serve gummy worms for dessert.
- *This goes w/o explaining remove toothpick consumption!