Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is an adopted recipe from Mean Chef. Mean Chef says: This is an elegant and yummy dessert that is sure to please you and your guests. Please wait until it is strawberry season in your area, for the most tastiest results.
- 1 (1 lb) packagefrozen phyllo dough (not thawed)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chilled heavy cream
- 1⁄2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 8 strawberries, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Without unrolling phyllo log, cut 2 (3/8-inch-thick) slices crosswise from one end of log and thaw slices 5 minutes. (Save remaining frozen phyllo for another use.).
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Lightly brush a baking sheet with some of melted butter.
- Carefully unfurl slices from phyllo rolls on a work surface, discarding any plastic or paper rolled within.
- Gently separate strands, keeping them parallel, then gather into 4 groups, about 14 strands each.
- Cover 3 groups with plastic wrap.
- Gently hold one end of remaining uncovered) group of strands and brush with some of melted butter, then dust with 1/2 teaspoon confectioners sugar using a fine-mesh sieve.
- Flip over and brush other side with butter and dust with confectioners sugar in same manner. Loosely coil up coated strands to form a small nest and put on baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining clusters to form 3 more nests.
- Bake nests in middle of oven until golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool nests on sheet on a rack, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Beat cream with granulated sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until it just holds soft peaks.
- Drizzle each phyllo nest all over with 1/4 teaspoon honey and put 1 tablespoon whipped cream in center.
- Top with strawberries and remaining cream, then drizzle each dessert with 1/4 teaspoon more honey.