This is an adopted recipe from Mean Chef. Mean Chef says: This is an elegant and yummy dessert that is sure to please you and your guests. Please wait until it is strawberry season in your area, for the most tastiest results.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Without unrolling phyllo log, cut 2 (3/8-inch-thick) slices crosswise from one end of log and thaw slices 5 minutes. (Save remaining frozen phyllo for another use.).
- 2Preheat oven to 375°F
- 3Lightly brush a baking sheet with some of melted butter.
- 4Carefully unfurl slices from phyllo rolls on a work surface, discarding any plastic or paper rolled within.
- 5Gently separate strands, keeping them parallel, then gather into 4 groups, about 14 strands each.
- 6Cover 3 groups with plastic wrap.
- 7Gently hold one end of remaining uncovered) group of strands and brush with some of melted butter, then dust with 1/2 teaspoon confectioners sugar using a fine-mesh sieve.
- 8Flip over and brush other side with butter and dust with confectioners sugar in same manner. Loosely coil up coated strands to form a small nest and put on baking sheet.
- 9Repeat with remaining clusters to form 3 more nests.
- 10Bake nests in middle of oven until golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool nests on sheet on a rack, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 11Beat cream with granulated sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until it just holds soft peaks.
- 12Drizzle each phyllo nest all over with 1/4 teaspoon honey and put 1 tablespoon whipped cream in center.
- 13Top with strawberries and remaining cream, then drizzle each dessert with 1/4 teaspoon more honey.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Phyllo Nests With Strawberries and Honey
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 526.6
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 56.0 mg
- Sodium 560.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 8.8 g