Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found on the inside of a philadelphia cream cheese box and just had to try it. I was hesitant at first but was glad I did. This dip is wonderful and the zesty italian dressing gives it a wonderful kick.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons zesty Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- Spread cream cheese into bottom of 9-in pie plate.
- Mix tomatos and dressing and spoon over cream cheese.
- Top with parmesan cheese and basil.
- Serve with crackers of your choice or fresh vegetables.
Absolutely wonderful!!!! This is such a light, refreshing, summer dip that makes you come back for more and more and more! :) The fresh basil in combination with the cheese, tomatoes and cream cheese as well as the Italian herbs is just mmmmm moreish! :) I will most definitely make this soon again and cant wait for the next potluck to come around so that I can bring this with me. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this winner with us, gertc! Made and reviewed for 1-2-3-Hit Wonders June 2010.
Once made & served, I was pleased with this dip, while my GUESTS RAVED ABOUT IT, & asked for copies of the recipe! You have a winner of a dip here ~ The basil was a nice addition, as was the ZESTY dressing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
This is a nice treat that definitely has zing to it. It's very easy to make. We scaled it down to 3 servings, and found it tasted better once heated in the microwave for 30 seconds. Overall, we liked this appetizer.