Chef #394846's Note:
Emeril Lagasse, 2002
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 fresh Italian rolls or 2 kaiser rolls, split in half crosswise
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb rib eye steak, very very thinly shaved
- 1/3 lb thinly sliced white American cheese or 1/3 lb provolone cheese or 4 ounces melted Cheese Whiz
- 1Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- 2Heat a cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. When hot add the oil, onions and bell peppers, and cook, stirring, until caramelized, about 6 minutes. Add the garlic, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Push off to 1 side of the griddle.
- 3Warm rolls in oven.
- 4Add the meat to the hot pan and cook, stirring and breaking up with the back of 2 metal spatulas, until almost no longer pink, about 2 minutes. Mix in the Sauteed vegetables. Top with cheese slices and melt. Spoon the cheesy meat mixture into the warm buns and serve immediately with condiments of choice or Put the meat in the bun and dip the spatula in the cheese whiz and then wipe the spatula down the inside of the bread.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Philly Cheesesteak - Emeril Lagasse
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 699.6
- Calories from Fat 407
- Total Fat 45.3 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 125.5 mg
- Sodium 1572.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 39.0 g