Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
So good with fried mushrooms and smothered with ketchup and a side of fries!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- garlic powder, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- 1 (18 ounce) packagefrozen fully cooked meatballs
- 3⁄4 cup Cheez Whiz, warmed
- 6 slices provolone cheese or 6 slices mozzarella cheese or 6 slices white American cheese
- 6 hoagie rolls, split and warmed
- ketchup (optional) or barbecue sauce (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add the pepper and onion; season with garlic and pepper, saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the meatballs; cover and cook 13-14 minutes, or unti the meatballs are heated through and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add some cheez-wiz to the mixture and let it melt in with the vegetables and meatballs.
- Spoon the mixture into the hoagie rolls; top with any remaining cheez-wiz and provolone cheese, ketchup, or BBQ sauce.
- Serve hot.
I was planning on making spaghetti w/meatballs for dinner when I realized that I didn't have spaghetti sauce! It was 20 minutes before my husband would come home for dinner and I needed a meal fast. I came here looking for a recipe w/meatballs and found a few that I wanted to make but didn't have ingredients for. Luckily, I found this one! I didn't have all the ingredients (like the hoagie rolls!) but I was able to use the Kaiser Hamburger buns from Costco. I put 4 meatballs (and the sauce) on each bun. I also used Krafts cheese (instead of provolone) and Velveta (instead of Cheez Whiz) and I tried using bbq sauce, as suggested, instead of ketchup and that just made it so awesome! I LOVE this sandwich! My husband and I both had 2 each...I usually only eat one but it was just so good...I can't wait to eat'em again~ Thank you. =)