Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Great quick pizza for camping or stove topping, pizza parties, phreezer phood...
- 4 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- fresh herb (or dried)
- grated cheese
- Combine all the dry ingredients, except 1/4 cup of flour, in a large mixing bowl.
- Add warm water and oil.
- Mix and kneed adding remaining flour as needed.
- Divide into six pieces.
- Roll out very thin on slightly oiled surface.
- Cook in a preheated 9-10 inch cast iron skillet over medium to medium-low heat. One to two minutes each side.
- Add herbs, cheese and toppings, cover and cook until cheese melts (another 4 minutes).
- Keep pizza warm in oven while making the remaining pizzas.
- Limit the tomato sauce to keep these pizzas light and crisp.
- Try peanut butter mixed with pure maple syrup or molasses and fresh or canned fruit for desert pizzas.
- Experiment - Experimentation is the mother of every great recipe.