Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
another greek recipe..
Make and share this Pezedes recipe from Food.com.
- Boil sugar, water, and lemon juice together to make a thick syrup.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, and add the hot syrup slowly to them, beating constantly.
- Fold in the confectioner's sugar and vanilla, blending well.
- Lightly flour waxed paper and place on baking sheet.
- Drop batter to form cookie shapes onto sheet and bake in preheated 350 F oven for 25 minutes.
These came out pretty good - I expected them to be like meringues, and, in the end, they were. However, some more information as to how they should turn out would have been helpful. I wasn't real sure if they should brown or not, for example, but at 350 degrees, they started browning rapidly. I lowered the heat and baked them much longer than indicated. When warm they tasted like roasted marshmallows. Thank you for an interesting experience.