Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
sweet cakes, perfect for afternoon tea.
- 1 poundcake (9 by 13)
- 1⁄2 cup fine shredded coconut
- food coloring
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- food coloring (optional)
- To Prepare cake trim the edges off the pound cake (no crusty bits).
- Cut 1 inch strips.
- Cut each strip into 1 inch squares.
- Color the coconut and place it in a bowl.
- Prepare frosting as follows:.
- In large bowl, beat together sugar, butter, vanilla and milk until smooth.
- If necessary add more milk until frosting is spreading consistency.
- If desired, add a few drops of food coloring.
- Mix everything well.
- Frost the sides of each square and coat with the coconut.
- Star tip or zig-zag the top of each square and decorate with a tiny rose or rosebud or grapes or whatever you like.