Recipe by shelbyrose
This is another way I like to prepare the zucchini that is so plentiful now. Yellow squash, or a combination of both, can also be used.
Top Review by sugarpea
This is delicious. I used some homemade pesto I had on hand making the recipe extremely quick and easy to put together. I think it took 15 minutes, start to finish. This is a natural combination that's a real summertime keeper.
- 118.29 ml fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml walnuts
- 14.79 ml parmesan cheese
- 2 large summer squash, sliced 1/4 inch thick (yellow or zucchini)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 59.14 ml onion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the pesto, place the basil, garlic, two tablespoons olive oil, walnuts and parmesan cheese in a food processor.
- Pulse until a coarse paste forms; set aside.
- Heat the one tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet.
- Add the squash, onion and mushrooms.
- Cook until just soft.
- Toss in the pesto.
- Check the seasonings.
- Serve warm.