Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Favorite pesto. If I have it on hand, I tend to use it in all kinds of things, from omlettes to marinades. Don't know how long it will keep in frig, it's never lasted long enough to find out. Works perfectly in Basil Vinaigrette, a great dressing for green beans &/or tomatoes. I'm guessing the yield.
- 4 1⁄2 cups packed basil leaves, stems removed
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated pecorino romano cheese
- Puree basil, parsley, pine nuts, garlic and salt in food processor until combined; with machine running, add olive oil in steady stream and process until it emulsifies.
- Remove into a bowl and fold in cheeses.
- Can be frozen.
Lovely pesto sauce. I did add an extra garlic clove. Next time I make it I will double the recipe and freeze half. I cooked my noodles, mixed in the sauce ,coved the noodle and placed them in a 250 oven for 1/2 hour while I finished the meatballs & salad. The flavor permeated the noodeles - Wonderful recipe thanks sugarpea
Wonderful pesto sauce Sugarpea!...I tripled the recipe and froze it for further recipes, as I have an overflow of fresh basil and parsley growing in my garden. I love this pesto in my tomato sauces, stews, pizza's and in a zillion other things!... thank you SO much for sharing, I will make this again...Kittencal