Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I'm always trying to come up with new vegetarian ideas for when my fiancee grills at home with the guys. This is one of those ideas, probably my favorite one. The servings will depend on the size of your eggplant. You could also use vegan cheese in place of the havarti to make it a vegan meal!
- Cut the eggplant into hamburger-sized pieces.
- Brush each piece, front and back, with olive oil.
- Shred the havarti cheese.
- Grill the eggplant until almost done.
- Sprinkle the shredded havarti cheese on each eggplant.
- Remove the eggplant when the cheese is melted.
- Spread the pesto on each eggplant.
- Serve on the bread of your choice.
I had zero motivation to cook last night, and these burgers were not only super easy, they were fabulous!! I used Buitoni prepared pesto. We made the burgers in the grill plan and this worked out very well. We served with sweet potato fries. This is going into my keeper file. Thanks!