1/2 Photos of Pesto-Crusted Grilled Cheese
From Southern Living January 2007 test kitchen's top rated recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir together mayonnaise and pesto sauce. (**Note: the pesto is a little salty--some might like it that way. However, I would suggest using between 1 and 2 tablespoons of pesto and see how you like it!).
- 2Spread evenly on 1 side of each sourdough bread slice.
- 3Place 4 bread slices, pesto sides down, on wax paper.
- 4Layer 4 bread slices on wax paper each with 1 fontina cheese slice, bell peppers, and 1 Cheddar cheese slice; top with remaining bread slices, pesto sides up.
- 5Cook sandwiches, in batches, on a hot griddle or in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, gently pressing with a spatula, 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese melts.
- 6*Provolone or mozzarella cheese slices may be substituted.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesto-Crusted Grilled Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (2189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4522.0
- Calories from Fat 637
- Total Fat 70.8 g
- Saturated Fat 22.1 g
- Cholesterol 66.9 mg
- Sodium 11055.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 805.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 47.1 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 150.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: