Recipe by MamaMeag
I was craving pumpkin pie, and started thinking about a way to make smaller servings that I could ration out. I didn't want to make one big pie (in fear that I might actually eat the entire thing! Ha ha), so...I came up with this idea. Hope you all enjoy it!
- 1 (15 ounce) canorganic pumpkin puree (I get mine from Trader Joe's. It's seasonal there, so...stalk up while you can)
- 1 cup heavy cream (I replace the heavy cream and whole milk with 1 1/2 cups 1% milk, for less fat)
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, blend
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- trader joe's pie crust (or you can prepare your own)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- With 1/4 round measuring cup (or round cookie cutter that size), cut circles out of refrigerated pie crust. You should be able to get 18-20 small circles. Put these back in the refrigerator to keep chilled until pumpkin pie filling is ready.
- Add together all pie filling ingredients, and mix until well blended.
- Using a cupcake pan, line with paper cupcake/baking cups.
- Place a round of pie crust at the bottom of each cup, and press in firmly.
- Fill each cup with pumpkin pie filling, almost to the top.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes (depending on how full you fill the cups), or until outter edges are firm and inside jiggles slightly.
- Remove from oven and cool for 30 minutes.
- Place entire pan in the freezer, and allow to harden.
- Once firm, use a spoon to pop mini pumpkin pies out of the pan.
- Remove paper, defrost, and enjoy your personal serving of pie!
- **You can choose to top your personal pie with fresh whipped cream, or chocolate shavings! Delicious! :).
- Keep in air tight container in the freezer, and then they're ready to eat when you've got that pumpkin pie craving!