Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very refreshing salad, Lovely served with BBQ'd chicken or any BBQ
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons raisins, soaked in
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper (or black)
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
- 1 pinch dried basil
- lettuce (to garnish)
- Peel 4 long strips, one from each side of the cuke (leave the rest of the green for color), slice the cuke very thinly Place the rounds on a plate and salt lightly.
- Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Drain off the liquid and pat the cuke dry with a paper.
- Mix cuke with yogurt.
- Combine remaining ingredients and stir into the cucumber/yogurt.
- Chill and serve on lettuce leaves.