Recipe by BecR
These rich & chewy cookies are truly heavenly, a true family favorite. Hope you like them, too. Vanilla-chocolate scented batter and rich chocolate chips with a scattering of butterscotch morsels, hints of maple and coffee/mocha, plus chunks of walnuts really sets these cookies apart from the usual. ENJOY! Perfect with a cup of coffee or a glass of ice cold milk. Bet you can't eat just one! ;-) *Note: These cookies freeze really well, too. Simply place freshly baked cookies in an airtight container or double freezer bag (for best results freeze cookies the same day you bake them), and store in the freezer for up to one month.
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml white sugar
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml Crisco shortening (I use butter flavor Crisco)
- 4.92 ml maple extract
- 3.69 ml vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 414.03 ml unbleached flour (or 2 cups all-purpose flour)
- 29.58 ml dry instant coffee granules (such as Sanka)
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 158.51 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 78.07 ml butterscotch chips
- 236.59 ml walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream sugars with butter and shortening.
- Beat in egg and extracts. Add coffee granules, mix well.
- In a medium bowl, blend the flour, baking soda, and salt with a wire whisk.
- Add chocolate chips, butterscotch morsels, and nuts to the flour mixture. Stir well.
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture, stir just until blended.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls (I use a cookie scoop) two inches apart onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes. With a spatula transfer warm cookies to rack to finish cooling.
- (TIP: These cookies freeze well. For best results, freeze cookies the same day you bake them. A gallon size Ziplock freezer bag works well.).