Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I know there are a bunch of other recipes out there but I think this one has the best balance of flavors! Using Greek yogurt makes this.
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium garlic clove, grated (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Place cubed cucumbers in strainer set over bowl. Toss with 1/2 teaspoon salt and let sit to drain, about 30 minutes. Gently pat cucumbers dry with paper towel.
- Place the cucumber in a small bowl, and mix with garlic, yogurt, and dill. Season to taste with salt. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nice variation on tzatziki! I liked that this was a quick version that didn't need a long time to marinate. When I need a quick one, I'll be keeping this in mind. Thanks for sharing! ZWT9
Excellent. (Although I thought it needed some salt and pepper.) For ZWT9
Great with my souvlaki as part of my zwt9 greek feast! Added juice from half a lemon too...