1/1 Photo of Perfect Summer Sandwich (Tomato, Basil, Cheese)
This sandwich screams summer to me. I made it after going to the farmer's market and getting lots of fresh ingredients, including wonderful herbed ciabatta bread. If you don't like garlic much, just rub a clove on there (sliced to get the flavor. This is also delicious cold, or with a drizzle or balsamic vinegar on the tomato. For a slightly different (equally tasty, if you ask me) option, use havarti slices instead of mozzarella. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400.
- 2Slice the ciabatta to make a sandwich.
- 3Drizzle olive oil on each of the 4 slices and sprinkle with garlic (or rub with a fresh sliced clove for a milder flavor)
- 4Top with tomato slices, salt and pepper generously (drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar if you like).
- 5Put mozzarella slices on top of the tomato slices and top those with fresh basil leaves.
- 6Put the top pieces of ciabatta on and bake for about 5 minutes, just until the cheese melts.
- 7Slice in half and eat!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Summer Sandwich (Tomato, Basil, Cheese)
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.7
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 44.7 mg
- Sodium 359.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 13.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: