Recipe by pies & cakes & cookies ohmy!
This is THE best fruit cobbler. Never dry or crumbly, it is great all alone, or with whipped cream or ice cream. The recipe calls for peaches, but I've used everything from strawberries and rhubarb, to apples. Make it in a disposable pan, and take it to a picnic----you'll get rave reviews.
- 6 cups fruit (slice or chop as you like)
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place fruit in 9x13-inch pan that's been well sprayed with cooking spray. In a bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. With pastry blender or your fingers, cut in margarine or butter till mealy. Stir in milk and mix until a soft dough forms. Spoon evenly over fruit.
- In a small bowl, combine the 2/3 cup sugar, and the cornstarch. Sprinkle evenly over the batter. Then pour boiling water over all--DO NOT STIR!
- Bake for 45 minutes or till fruit is bubbly and top is golden. Serve warm or cold.