Recipe by lockedhalo
This brings me back to the early 80's at Stanford Shopping Center. While shopping I'd have either this or an Aram sandwich from the Caravansary. Anyhow, this is my take on a nostalgic favourite.
Top Review by flower7
Tasty! I cut back on the amounts for the filling so I would have a single serving sandwich. I used recipe #414191 for the cranberry sauce (I was thinking it was cranberry chutney until I looked up the recipe again) and lettuce instead of sprouts because they were what I had on hand (though I will try with the sprouts next time if I have some). I also skipped the seeds. This was very nice for a quick dinner with some leftover eggplant salad on the side. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 slices toasted oatnut bread
- 1⁄4 cup cranberry sauce (relish, not the tube)
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese (softened)
- 4 slices jarlsberg cheese (thin slices)
- 6 slices black forest ham (thin slices)
- alfalfa sprout
- unsalted sunflower seeds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread each piece of bread with approximately 2 tablespoons cream cheese, follow with the relish. Then on one slice of bread alternate the Jarlsberg and ham, top with sprouts (now is the time for sunflower seeds if you are using them) and the other slice of cream cheese and relish bread. Try not to "mush" it down.
- This easily serves 2 for lunch.
- It is sort of a copycat from the long gone Perfect Recipe at Stanford Shopping Center in Palo Alto, CA.