Recipe by Redbelly
Scrambling eggs in the microwave is a one dish affair. No muss, no fuss. These come out perfectly and taste delicious. Found this in an issue of Everyday Food. Microwave cooking times vary and mine actually needs 55 seconds at each step instead of the 45 seconds listed. Don't add extra salt until you've tasted it.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced (green onion)
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cherry tomatoes, quartered (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large (10oz) microwave-safe custard cup or ramekin, combine eggs, milk, cayenne pepper, and salt. Stir in scallion.
- Microwave (uncovered) on high for 45 seconds; stir with a fork. Continue cooking until eggs are almost set, about 45 seconds more. Remove from microwave.
- With a clean fork, stir in cheese; cover with a paper towel. Let stand until cheese has melted and eggs are set, about 1 minute. Top with tomato and season with salt and pepper to taste.