Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
makes perfect juicy golden brown turkey, if instructions are followed will work consistently each and every time.
- preheat oven to 325.
- (mix all ingredients in melted butter baste turkey put all remaining ingredients in cavity).
- put in doubled brown grocery bag fold the end and staple shut.
- place in large roasting pan no lid bake at 325 (20 minutes per lb).
- do nothing else I promise you will never cook your turkey any other way.
- moist and perfectly brown.
- (do not open oven).
I followed this recipe using an 8 3/4 lb. bird. It was just as you said. It was golden brown and very moist, and clean up was a breeze. I'll definitely make it this way again. Thanks.
I tried it with a 21 lb bird...came out PERFECTLY!!! just as you said...I will never make the ol' usual way again...i catered my brothers' Thanksgiving dinner...took the bird out of the oven at 2:30pm...took it over to my brother's house...didn't start to carve until 4:00pm...the turkey was still HOT! next time...I will give it 15 minutes a pound instead of 20...it was pefectly browned and very tender!!!thanx for sharing!!!