Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This applesauce freezes wonderful!
Make and share this Perfect Easy Microwave Applesauce recipe from Food.com.
- Peel, core and slice the apples.
- Place apples in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Add in 1/4 cup water, cinnamon (start with 1/2 teaspoon) and nutmeg, if using; stir to combine.
- Cover with heavy microwave-safe plastic wrap (leave a little side opened to allow steam to escape).
- Microwave on HIGH power for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bowl and stir the apples, then contine to microwave uncovered until apples are very tender (about 5-6 minutes longer).
- Using a large fork (I use a potato masher for this) coarsley mash apples to desired texture.
- Add in sugar to taste while the apples are still hot; mix well to combine.
- Bring to room temperature and then refrigerate for up to two days, or freeze in plastic freezer containers.
So simple and delicious! I used a silicone bowl cover to keep the moisture in-they work so great especially in the microwave. Thank You!
Absolutely wonderful! My husband is diabetic so I did not add any sugar. Most definitely something I will make over and over again. If you know anyone that is diabetic, suggest this recipe! It needs no sugar...
Very easy method. I checked after 5 minutes to see if I needed more water and all was fine. I used less sugar and no nutmeg - just personal taste. Quick and delicious! Thanks Kittencal!