1/1 Photo of Perfect Easy Microwave Applesauce
This applesauce freezes wonderful!
My Private Note
cups (a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel, core and slice the apples.
- 2Place apples in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- 3Add in 1/4 cup water, cinnamon (start with 1/2 teaspoon) and nutmeg, if using; stir to combine.
- 4Cover with heavy microwave-safe plastic wrap (leave a little side opened to allow steam to escape).
- 5Microwave on HIGH power for 10 minutes.
- 6Remove the bowl and stir the apples, then contine to microwave uncovered until apples are very tender (about 5-6 minutes longer).
- 7Using a large fork (I use a potato masher for this) coarsley mash apples to desired texture.
- 8Add in sugar to taste while the apples are still hot; mix well to combine.
- 9Bring to room temperature and then refrigerate for up to two days, or freeze in plastic freezer containers.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Easy Microwave Applesauce
Serving Size: 1 (1554 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.0
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 47.2 g
- Protein 0.9 g