Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This applesauce freezes wonderful!
Make and share this Perfect Easy Microwave Applesauce recipe from Food.com.
- Peel, core and slice the apples.
- Place apples in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Add in 1/4 cup water, cinnamon (start with 1/2 teaspoon) and nutmeg, if using; stir to combine.
- Cover with heavy microwave-safe plastic wrap (leave a little side opened to allow steam to escape).
- Microwave on HIGH power for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bowl and stir the apples, then contine to microwave uncovered until apples are very tender (about 5-6 minutes longer).
- Using a large fork (I use a potato masher for this) coarsley mash apples to desired texture.
- Add in sugar to taste while the apples are still hot; mix well to combine.
- Bring to room temperature and then refrigerate for up to two days, or freeze in plastic freezer containers.
Absolutely wonderful! My husband is diabetic so I did not add any sugar. Most definitely something I will make over and over again. If you know anyone that is diabetic, suggest this recipe! It needs no sugar...
Very easy method. I checked after 5 minutes to see if I needed more water and all was fine. I used less sugar and no nutmeg - just personal taste. Quick and delicious! Thanks Kittencal!
The water evaporated and the apples burned. Probably because the plastic wrap somehow got peeled back during cooking, so keep an eye out for that. But it seems like very little water.