Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Not low fat, but a great treat for special occasions! Vanilla sugar must sit for 1 week before using so plan ahead. generously ices 18 large buns
- 1 (62 1/2 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup room temperature butter (not margarine)
- 4 cups powdered vanilla sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- **you can make your own powdered vanilla sugar by blending white powdered sugar in your blender.**
- Add 1 whole vanilla bean to the powdered and store in a air proof container for at least 1 week.
- This sugar is also great for baking, using in coffee or tea, and on cereal.
- Blend first 2 ingredients together with an electric mixer.
- Add sugar in slowly and continue to blend for at least 10 minutes.
- This freezes well.
- I scoop it into a ziploc bag before I freeze it.
- Then just snip off the end and have an instant icing bag.