Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Bon Appetit Magazine, November 2005 edition. Am always looking for easy and different pasta dishes and this has proved to be a very nice recipe to pull out when all else fails.
- 8 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh French bread cubes
- 8 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 1 1⁄4 lbs uncooked peeled deveined large shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley, divided
- 6 tablespoons drained capers (we didn't use any, increased the amt of shrimp)
- 4 teaspoons packed grated lemon peel
- 12 ounces perciatelli (long hollow pasta) or 12 ounces packaged perciatelli, freshly cooked (long hollow pasta)
- 1 cup pasta, cooking water reserved
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add breadcrumbs and half of garlic; sauté until crumbs are golden and crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to medium bowl.
- Sprinkle shrimp with salt, pepper & crushed red pepper flakes.
- Heat remaining 5 tablespoons oil in same skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and remaining garlic to skillet; sauté until shrimp are just opaque in center, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 cup parsley, capers, and lemon peel.
- Add cooked pasta and 1/2 cup reserved pasta cooking water.
- Mix in 1 cup garlic breadcrumbs, adding more pasta cooking water if dry.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with remaining garlic breadcrumbs and parsley.