An unusual way to use up leftover rice! Any cooked meat can be substituted for the pepperoni.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, with a fork blend the rice, cheese and pepperoni.
- 2Beat the eggs in a separate bowl just long enough to mix the whites and yolks; then season lightly with salt and pepper.
- 3In a large frying pan or omelet pan,over medium high heat, melt the butter,being sure the entire bottom of the pan is coated.
- 4Pour the eggs into the pan and cook for an omelet,lifting the cooked part of the eggs to allow the uncooked part to run under, and shaking the pan when the bottom starts to set.
- 5While the top is still moist, spoon the rice filling down the center of the omelet.
- 6Fold over and cook just long enough to heat the filling and melt the cheese.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppy Rice Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.4
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 454.9 mg
- Sodium 337.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 16.2 g