Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
An unusual way to use up leftover rice! Any cooked meat can be substituted for the pepperoni.
- 3⁄4 cup cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup pepperoni, 1/4 " cubes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 eggs
- In a bowl, with a fork blend the rice, cheese and pepperoni.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl just long enough to mix the whites and yolks; then season lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan or omelet pan,over medium high heat, melt the butter,being sure the entire bottom of the pan is coated.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and cook for an omelet,lifting the cooked part of the eggs to allow the uncooked part to run under, and shaking the pan when the bottom starts to set.
- While the top is still moist, spoon the rice filling down the center of the omelet.
- Fold over and cook just long enough to heat the filling and melt the cheese.
Yummo, I had leftover pepperoni & ricr so this was a great meal to quickly throw together for brekky. Thanks for posting!