Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A quick breakfast for company.
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed,if desired
- 8 ounces jalapeno jack cheese
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 -10 slices bacon, cooked crisply and crumbled
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking dish.
- Spread dish with nonstick vegetable spray.
- Line dish with bread slices.
- Layer Monterey Jack, Cheddar and bacon.
- In large bowl, beat eggs.
- Add milk, salt and pepper; beat until blended well.
- Pour over cheese-bacon mixture in dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
This was very good. I made a few changes to accommodate the ingredients that I had on hand. Instead of jalapeno jack cheese, I doubled the shredded cheddar and used two 4 oz cans of green chili peppers. Everyone loved it!