1/3 Photos of Peppery Turnip "Fries"
I confess to being turnip ignorant. It seems a shame to let a perfectly good vegetable go uneaten for lack of knowledge. Then I found this recipe in "Yamuna's Table", and I became a turnip convert. Try it and join me in having a new appreciation for this humble vegetable.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2Lightly grease a large cookie sheet with olive oil.
- 3Pare the turnips and cut them into 2 1/2 x 1/2 inch sticks.
- 4Combine the spices, Parmesan and turnips in a large plastic bag.
- 5Seal and shake to coat.
- 6Spread the sticks in a single layer on the prepared pan and brush with a little olive oil.
- 7Bake for 30-35 minutes, turning once, until spears are tender and golden.
- 8Serve with or without a sprinkling of lime.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppery Turnip "Fries"
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.3
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.3 mg
- Sodium 139.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g