from a King Arthur flour catalog..these are awesome
Make and share this Peppery Cheese Breadsticks recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose white flour
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 3 tablespoons cheddar cheese, granules
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 2 -3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds or 2 -3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- cheddar cheese powder (available at many larger supermarkets or use popcorn topping or order directly from king arhtur flou)
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients but sesame seeds ( or parmesan cheese).mix to shaggy dough. Turn out on lightly floured surface.knead by hand 10 minutes.let dough rest 10 minutes.Knead an additional 10 minutes till dough is smooth and supple. Roll on lightly oiled surface to 10x8" rectangle -- Brush with water or quick shine ( something King Arthur Flour sells) makes dough shiny -- ( a really good product)sprinkle with seeds or parmesan cheese. Cut in strips 1/3" wide 10" long, shaping each into a twist. Place on lightly oiled or parchment lined sheets. Let rest, covered 30 minutes.or till slightly puffy.
- Bake in preheated 375* oven for 18-22 minutes or golden brown. Cool on wire rack.Yield 48 sticks, depending on how you cut them.
These were pretty simple to make and tasted terrific! I brushed them with water and sprinkled with sesame seeds. Very good and I will be making again! Thank you!