Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A just too easy salad.
Make and share this Peppers and Black Beans on a Bed of Crunchy Tortilla Strips recipe from Food.com.
- 4 corn tortillas, Julienne and deep fried to crisp
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced Julienne
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and sliced Julienne
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and sliced Julienne
- 1 (6 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Place Tortilla strips onto a large platter or individual serving dishes.
- Toss peppers, beans, and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil and lime juice. Toss lightly.
- Place pepper/bean mixture on top of tortilla strips.
- Serve immediately.
This is a fun easy messy salad! I used a 15 ounce can of black beans that I rinsed and drained. I wish I had cilantro for that would be perfect in this. I did use parsley. I kicked it up with sliced onion, chopped garlic, and cumin. I would suggest the peppers to be diced more the size of the beans for a more uniform salad and an easier salad to eat. Love the crunchiness of the tortilla chips. This would also be fun if the tortilla`s were cut into chip size and the bean salad would be scooped up with them. Thanks for the yumminess and fun.