Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
A pepperoni-parmesan twist on the basic soft pretzel. Prep time doesn't include bread machine time.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water (80 F/27 C)
- 1 egg yolk, room temperature (save white for egg wash)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup thin sliced pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Program machine for the Dough setting.
- When the bread machine beeps, place dough on a lightly floured surface and divide into 16 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a 16 inch rope. Cross the ends of the rope to make a loop; twist the crossed ends once and fold across the loop.
- Place on a greased baking sheet 1 1/2 inches apart. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with.
- topping that you choose.
- Let rise until double in size, about 30 minutes. Bake at 375°F/190°C for 15-20 minutes or until done.
Wonderful snack! The hardest part about making these pretzels was getting them into the pretzel shape :) I made half with Parmesan and half with kosher salt ~ I think I liked the ones with the Parmesan best. We took the idea from the other reviewer and dipped in pizza sauce. Thanks you for posting!! Made for Pick~A~Chef, Spring 2008.
Very good!! I did one tray with kosher salt, one with parmesan cheese, and one with parmesan and cheddar cheese. The cheese ones were definitely better. I think next time I'll increase the amount of cheese in the dough too! Also, 8-10 minutes was more than enuff time in my oven. The first try was over brown by 15 minutes.
The family loved these. We dipped them in pizza sauce with a little cheese added in. Next time I think I will make pretzel sticks, it was a little time consuming rolling them out and getting them just perfect but when they came out of the oven they were beautiful and delicious!