Recipe by Chilicat
A pepperoni-parmesan twist on the basic soft pretzel. Prep time doesn't include bread machine time.
Top Review by Lvs2Cook
Wonderful snack! The hardest part about making these pretzels was getting them into the pretzel shape :) I made half with Parmesan and half with kosher salt ~ I think I liked the ones with the Parmesan best. We took the idea from the other reviewer and dipped in pizza sauce. Thanks you for posting!! Made for Pick~A~Chef, Spring 2008.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water (80 F/27 C)
- 1 egg yolk, room temperature (save white for egg wash)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup thin sliced pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Program machine for the Dough setting.
- When the bread machine beeps, place dough on a lightly floured surface and divide into 16 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a 16 inch rope. Cross the ends of the rope to make a loop; twist the crossed ends once and fold across the loop.
- Place on a greased baking sheet 1 1/2 inches apart. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with.
- topping that you choose.
- Let rise until double in size, about 30 minutes. Bake at 375°F/190°C for 15-20 minutes or until done.