Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This makes for a great kid-pleasing dinner or lunch. Serve with some cut up carrots and a side of fruit salad.
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) canhome-style extra rich Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto
- 24 slices pepperoni (about 1 1/2 oz.)
- 3 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1⁄3 cup green bell pepper, strips
- 2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. With serrated knife, cut each biscuit into 2 layers, making 16 dough rounds.
- Spread about 1/2 teaspoon pesto over each dough round. In 8 nonstick regular-size muffin cups, gently press 8 dough rounds, pesto side down, in bottom and halfway up side of cups.
- Place 3 pepperoni slices in each dough-lined muffin cup. Spread about 1 teaspoon pizza sauce over pepperoni in each cup. Arrange bell pepper strips evenly over pizza sauce. Sprinkle cheese evenly over bell pepper. Top each with dough round, pesto side up; gently tuck dough edge into muffin cup.
- Bake at 375°F for 16 to 20 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove from muffin cups; place on wire rack. Cool 10 minutes. Serve warm.