Recipe by Redsie
Adapted from Gimme Some Oven. They are too cute!! Perfect for a family or friends get together!
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 4 ounces turkey pepperoni, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and oregano; whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella and pepperoni; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Warm the pizza sauce, then stir in 1 tablespoon basil. Sprinkle the puffs with the remaining 1 tablespoon basil. Serve the puffs with the pizza sauce for dipping.