Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
For your bumper crop of zucchini. Almost a pizza flavor. From the cookbook, Hilton Head Entertains.
- 4 cups zucchini, which has been sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced (can also use grated)
- 20 slices pepperoni
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet. Cook zucchini with salt and pepper over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste and oregano.
- In 2 quart dish that has been sprayed with Pam alternate layers of zucchini mixture, mozzarella, and pepperoni until all ingredients are used. Sprinkle top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
this is so yummy just like a healthy pizza. I had this for brunch. It would be great as a side with pasta and other italian meals. Made for Edition 4: MAKE MY RECIPEâ€”a game of tag! in the Aust/NZ forum.