Recipe by annie2
I discovered this recipe two years ago. It's great for brunch on lazy weekends when you can sleep late.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄3 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pepperoni
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients (flour through red pepper).
- Cut in shortening with pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in pepperoni.
- Add milk stirring until moist.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead a few times.
- Roll out dough and cut with biscuit cutter.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 for 13 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with a bowl of hot cheddar cheese soup.