Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
From a Pillsbury Bake-off. Sounds yummy!
Make and share this Peppermint Swirl Fudge Nut Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix with pudding
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup creme de menthe
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons water
- Heat oven to 350.
- Generously grease and flour 12 cup Bundt pan or 10 inch tube pan.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, cream cheese, 1/2 cup water, oil and eggs at low speed until moistened; beat 2 minutes at high speed.
- Place 1 1/2 cups batter in small bowl; stir in creme de menthe syrup and peppermint extract until well blended.
- Set aside.
- To remaining batter, add 4 oz. melted chocolate and 3 T. water; blend well.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Spoon half of chocolate batter into greased and floured pan.
- Spoon peppermint batter randomly over chocolate batter; top with remaining chocolate batter.
- Pull knife through batter from top to bottom in a folding motion, turning pan while folding.
- Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly near center.
- Cool upright in pan 30 minutes; turn out onto serving plate.
- Cool completely.
- In small saucepan, melt 1 oz. chocolate; stir in powdered sugar and enough water for desired drizzling consistency.
- Spoon glaze over cake, allowing some to run down sides.
- Store in refrigerator.