Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is a tasty breakfast treat. I tried to make something similar to a peppermint patty and the result is really good. I used oat bran for my creamy porridge, but oats would be good too. You can vary the amount of cocoa, cream cheese, or sugar substitute to suite your taste. I use stevia to sweeten mine, but any sweetener will do.
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon light cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- sugar substitute, to taste (I use Stevia)
- Place oat bran or oats in large bowl, cover with water, and stir.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir in cocoa until blended, then cream cheese.
- Add peppermint extract and sugar substitute
- Once mixture is blended, top with sliced almonds.
- Then dig in!