Recipe by crazymom
coooool minty brownies chewy good
Top Review by sconehead
Made these for my daughters 14th birthday. I couldn't imagine eating 1/8th of this recipe though...I cut it into 24 pieces and that was almost too much. It is very rich! The squares were still about 2 1/2" square which is more than enough. I did change a few things in the recipe however. I only used 3/4 cup butter and the rest applesauce, and only used 4 eggs instead of 5. I was wondering if they would come out more like cake without using that much butter, but they were ooooooeeey goooooey!! I frosted them with dark chocolate fudge frosting. YUM!!! Will make again!
- 24 small york peppermint patties (1-1/2 inch)
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter or 1 1⁄2 cups margarine, melted
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup hershey's cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F. for glass baking dish).
- Remove wrappers from peppermint patties.
- Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl.
- Add eggs; beat until well blended.
- Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; blend well.
- Reserve 2 cups batter.
- Spread remaining batter in prepared pan.
- Arrange peppermint patties about 1/2 inch apart in single layer over batter.
- Spread reserved 2 cups batter over patties.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack; cut into squares.
- About 36 brownies.