Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
"Sensational Peppermint Pattie Brownies" recipe from the back of a York Peppermint Patties bag. I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds decadent.
- 24 small peppermint patties, unwrapped (1-1/2 inch diameter patties)
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, melted (3 sticks)
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 degrees if using a glass baking dish).
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Mix sugar, vanilla, and melted butter together in a large bowl.
- Add eggs and beat until well blended.
- Mix in flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; blend well.
- Spread part of the batter into the greased pan, reserving about 2 cups for later.
- Place the peppermint patties 1/2" apart in a single layer over the batter.
- Spread the remaining batter over the patties.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into squares.