Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was cut out of a cooking magazine my mother subscribed me to right after I got married (Quick Cooking? Taste of Home? I can't remember.) Sounds tasty and Christmassy, but I haven't tried it yet. Maybe this year!
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 20 peppermint candies, crushed
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- candy cane, to garnish
- Whisk sugar, cornstarch, and egg in a medium saucepan. Slowly whisk in milk, then mints. Bring to a boil, gently stirring bottom of pan until mixture boils. Boil 2 minutes. Pour into a medium bowl; cover surface directly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until cold. Fold in topping.
- Meanwhile, place a sheet of wax paper on a baking sheet. Spoon melted chocolate into quart size Ziploc bag; cut 1/4 inch off a corner and pipe decorations onto the wax paper. Refrigerate or freeze until firm.
- To serve, spoon mousse into dessert glasses. Garnish with chocolate decorations and candy canes.