Recipe by LainieBug
Top Review by elainegl
Yum! These cookies are really yummy, however I also flubbed the meringue. I think I overbeat it. It was more the consistency of thick glue. However, I just poured teaspoonfuls on a piece of parchment paper on a cookie stone and topped them with the candy crumbs and they tasted great! The second batch did better than the first, so maybe preheating the stone would be a good idea. Thanks for the recipe!
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- peppermint candy, finely crushed (I put them inside a paper bag and then use a rolling pin to crush them)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Beat egg whites, peppermint extract and cream of tartar on high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar, one tablespoonful at a time, while continuing to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until meringues are firm and their bottoms are very lightly browned.
- Cool to wire rack.