Recipe by elainegl
These are so rich and addicting. You'll make yourself sick eating so many but somehow still want more. I like to freeze these and thaw only a few at a time. I got this recipe from Southern Living a while back.
Top Review by Ms B.
These are my favorite mints. I have made them with mint molds, and by rolling into balls and flattening with a patterned glass. I have used various food colorings depending on the occassion.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (2 lb) package powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 drops red liquid food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, blend together cream cheese and butter.
- Slowly add powdered sugar, stirring well between each addition.
- Stir in peppermint extract.
- If you want to add color to your mints, you can either add all six drops to the full mixture, or divide the mixture in half and only add three drops to one half and leave the other half white.
- Make 1 inch balls of the mixture and press onto wax paper or parchment paper with the bottom of a glass dipped in powdered sugar.
- You can use a 2" cookie press to press them.
- I just press them with my fingers.
- Let cool for four hours uncovered.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.