I make these every Christmas. They have a wonderful peppermint flavor and are simple to make. They end up as round cookies that are split into three colors. Very festive! Be careful storing them, they will make all other cookies taste like peppermint if stored together. Chilling time is not included.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) package sugar cookie mix (and the ingredients needed for that type of cookie mix, usually egg, oil and water)
- 3 -4 drops green food coloring
- 3 -4 drops red food coloring
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract, divided
- 1Mix together the ingredient for the sugar cookie mix, following the package instructions.
- 2Divide the dough into three equal portions.
- 3To the fist portion, add 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract and mix well.
- 4To the second portion, add 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract and the green food coloring (to make dough as light or dark green as you like).
- 5To the third portion, add 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract and the red food coloring (to make dough as light or dark red/pink as you like).
- 6Roll each portion into a 12-inch long roll (about 1/2 inch thick).
- 7You will end up with a couple different rolls of each color.
- 8Lay 1 pink roll beside 1 green roll; press together slightly.
- 9Place 1 plain roll on top.
- 10Press rolls together to form a tricolor roll; wrap in wax paper.
- 11Repeat for remaining rolls.
- 12Refrigerate wrapped rolls for several hours or overnight.
- 13Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 14Roll wrapped cookie dough lightly to make sure edges are sealed and the dough is a round roll.
- 15Cut chilled roll into 1/4 inch thick slices and place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- 16(Keep unused dough in refrigerator; its much easier to cut when cold).
- 17Bake for about 7-8 minutes or until set, but not yet brown.
- 18Let sit on cookie sheets for 1-2 minutes and then transfer to cooling rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppermint Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (9 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1.8
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar cookie mix