Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a really neat idea and great for the younger guests.
- 1 1⁄3 cups candy canes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 48 lollipop sticks
- Crush 1/3 cup candy canes into fine powder using a blender or food processor, set aside. Crush the remainding 1 cup until coarse.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Beat butter and brown and regular sugar in mixer until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla.
- In separate bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pulverized candy canes. Stir into butter mixture using wooden spoon.
- Grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Drop drough by tablespoons onto baking sheets. Slide lollipop stick under bottom half of each cookie. Bake for 6 minute.
- Remove cookies from oven and sprinkle coarse candy cane over cookies, pressing gently into each cookie.
- Place back in oven for another 5-8 min or until golden.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5 min and remove and cool completely on cooling rack.
What a fun and minty recipe! Followed your instructions completely and these turned out well. The best part is just how wonderfully cute these cookies turn out when finished! Had a hard time with the sticks - wondering if I made them too large. I think next time I'm just going to skip on the sticks as Elainemay did. Just a fun and neat idea!
Wonderful cookies. I made them as cookies because I couldn't find lollipop sticks. Thanks for a great recipe. Made for sweet traditions tag.